I must say that I love not being in school. One of my older sisters (who shall remain nameless but may be my co-blogger) told me that she likes me more now. Well actually she said I was more fun but same thing! Technically I am in school but placement leaves more time for baking than usual university life. Or perhaps being at home makes me less stressed. I am sure once it gets closer to board exams in May, the baking will subside but for now its keeping me busy!
This past Tuesday, a couple of my classmates and I had to do presentations to some of the pharmacy staff at the hospital. I happily volunteered to bring in some treats much to the worry of my fellow presenters who thought this may lure a larger audience. However I figured if people were eating yummy squares they would be less focused on the presentation, particularly mine since public speaking causes me mild anxiety.
I have made this recipe a couple of times for bake sales at school and for family. They are so easy to make which was always great when I was making them while studying for a midterm.
The recipe is from the back of the Chipits Skor bag. Sometimes you find great recipes in the oddest places!
Chipits Toffee Crunch Blondies
1. Beat ½ cup softened butter with 1 cup of packed brown sugar and 2 eggs until well blended.
2. Stir in 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda and ½ tsp salt; mix well.
3. Stir in 1 cup of toffee skor bits. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips, if desired.
4. Spread evenly in greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle evening with remaining skor bits.